Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
John Maunder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 1995 22:37:59 -0330
In another posting to MUSEUM-L, on this date, I wrote that the
Newfoundland Government is presently in the preliminary stages of planning a
new facility for its provincial museum.

The architects are proposing that the specimen/artifact storage areas
should be outfitted with integrated steel mezzanine storage systems to
effectively increase what is recognized, even now, to be a rather limited
total floor area. [The new facility, it should be noted, will be on a very
tight (ie. quite possibly too tight) budget from the start.]

I must say that I have not heard many positive comments, in the past, from
people who have actually had to use such steel mezzanine systems.

I HAVE, however, heard a few probably unprintable comments; particularly,
I seem to recall, from people working with natural history collections.

Can anyone help us out here?

We need personal experiences, and suggestions.

Thank for your replies, in advance.

John E. Maunder
Curator of Natural History
Newfoundland Museum
Government of Newfoundland and Labrador
Department of Tourism, Culture and Recreation
Historic Resources Division
Box 8700, St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada  A1B 4J6

E-Mail:   [log in to unmask]

Phone:    (709) 729-5077
FAX:      (709) 729-2179