Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Craig Rosa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 1995 09:34:01 -0800
>     There have been some colourful exchanges about the
>     apparent self-absorption of our US colleagues on this
>     list.
>
>     It may not be conscious but it does grate when so much
>     material assumes a US focus, concern and assumption
>     that it is important for the rest of the world.
>
>     Dear colleagues in the US, it would be nice if a little
>     more thought could be made about how you couch terms,
>     ideas and material.
>
>     Many thanks
>
>     Roger Garland

Roger and other possibly confused folk:

Bottom line: the Environmental Defense post in no way represented the
concerns of the participants in this list, US citizens or otherwise. It
appears to be  what is commonly called a _mail bomb_ , or a post that is
programmed to be sent to dozens, even hundreds of random discussions
regardless of topic or tone. These are an occasional nuisance on the
Internet, and are almost always politically motivated stunts by an
individual or private organization. Sympathies aside, few would argue it
was directly relevant to our focus.

Internet *junkmail.* Not US-museum sponsored agitprop.

Your request for sensitivity is of course legitimate, but be aware that
no-one (or at the most, 1 or 2 people) out of our 750 or so Stateside
participants endorses the message and deems it appropriate just because it
showed up in our mailbox.

Respectfully asking that we get back to business,

Craig M. Rosa
Exhibit Developer
The Tech Museum of Innovation
email: [log in to unmask]
WWW:in process of changing, look here in a week :)
(408) 279-7133