Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Joy Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 1995 23:40:51 +0000
        We are offering a ten-day immersion course from
March 5 -16 for museum and heritage professionals
through the Cultural Resource Management Program
at the University of Victoria on southern Vancouver
Island. Please let me know if you would like a detailed
course outline and/or registration materials. Bed and
breakfast accommodation is available on-campus!

MANAGING CULTURAL ORGANIZATIONS
In times of significant change in roles, communities,
and funding, our museums, galleries and other cultural
institutions need strong leadership and thoughtful
management. This course examines the forces  which
are reshaping cultural institutions, and provides an
intensive study of the management principles and
practices that you can use to foster relevant and
productive cultural institutions. Topics include:

o characteristics of non-profit cultural organizations
o governance, leadership and decision-making
o mission, goals and objectives
o roles of the executive director
o policy development and implementation
o personnel management and team building
o funding and financial management
o strategic and operational planning
o information management
o public relations and marketing
o volunteer development
o ethical and legal issues

Instructor: Patricia Bovey, Director of the Art Gallery
of Greater Victoria, emphasizes an integrated and
participatory approach to planning and management in both
her work and her teaching.

Fee: $582.20 (Canadian funds)
Joy Davis, Program Director
Cultural Resource Management Program