Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Christopher D. Geist" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 1995 10:15:27 -0500
I thought many members of this list would be interested in John Vlach's
recent posting to the Southern Culture group.  I have John's permission to
forward his notice.

Chris Geist

>From: John Vlach <[log in to unmask]>
>

>I wanted to let you and the other members of the southern history list know
>that my recently published book BACK OF THE BIG HOUSE: THE ARCHITECTURE OF
>PLANTATION SLAVERY has just been turned into an exhibition. Sponsored by
>the Library of Congress Interpretive Programs Office, this show will be in
>circulation for the next three years. In 1995 it will appear in Baton
>Rouge, Knoxville, and Washington D.C. among other venues. Many southern
>sites are already booked until 1997 but it may be available for any of
>your institutions. In its current form the exhibition portrays the
>intimate details of slave life on antebellum plantations and illustrates
>how slaves created their own landscape within the confines of the
>plantation. For further information contact the Jennifer Bride at the
>Library of Congress : (202) 707-1993.

Christopher D. Geist                        Phone: (419)372-2981
Chair, Department of Popular Culture        FAX:   (419)372-2577
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH  43403                    E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]