Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Andrew Colwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Dec 1994 01:11:08 -0500
Comments:
NB*net - New Brunswick's Regional Network 1-800-561-4459
Does anyone know of a display mount to show very delicate and intricate
aquatic plant material?

The specimens we would like to display are very delicate, and intricate in
detail.  The plants have no support outside of the aquatic environment.  We
would like to somehow display them without using an aquarium.  A possible
method of display that we thought might work is the following:
The specimen(s) would be placed in a low vicosity liquid, comparable to
water.  This liquid would have a catalyst added to harden the solution to a
plastic.  (The idea stems from Ward's Bio-Plastic mounts.  I have never
attempted mounting with Bio-Plastic, but I believe the resin is too thick
for these plants to retain their 3-D shape.)

Can anyone suggest any ideas, or materials that might be suitable?

Andrew Colwell

New Brunswick Museum
Saint John, NB
Canada