From:
Doug Hoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 1995 19:26:25 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, HNEEDHAM
<[log in to unmask]> says:

>Jim, I'm inclined to agree with you, though on the basis of extremely limited
>evidence. We get a steady, if not huge, trickle of messages re:our WWW site,

Does the WWB bring in more visitors? Good question. Fascinating research
challenge.
I think I can agree with all the messages, so far, without contradiction!
There seems to be some anecdotal evidence that some visitors were influenced to
visit, and logic
would seem to say that eventually the WWB will be a major channel for getting
travel info. But
I think Zahava is substantially right--there is no *evidence* as we would
require to make a policy
decision to do or not do a web site. Is anyone seriously going after the
evidence? If so, I
imagine it would have to use the same approach as any communication/motivation
study. Whether
newspaper, TV, brochure, fax-back, etc., you have to go through the same steps.
The WWB is
just the latest wrinkle (OK, chasm) in technology.