From:
Michel Fingerhut <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 1995 08:09:55 GMT
The "DNA Lab" page is unreadable with Mosaic on Unix platforms.  One could
say that Mosaic is lacking behind whatever, but if one is to offer WWW pages
that should be accessible from most platforms, they should definitely include
that one: Mosaic is _more_ widely available that Netscape, since its source
is available, and hence it can be compiled on platforms on which Netscape
is not.  On PCs (where it works fine) it is much faster than Netscape.

Besides, I am all against companies that wish to impose their own standards
on all the world, thereby (i) booting out all competition, (ii) making money
out of their products.  The ways of Microsoft is not the ways of all flesh, I
hope.

To sum up, a page which I can't view with the more standard tools won't make
it to our list.

Michael Fingerhut
IRCAM/Centre Georges Pompidou
--