From:
Terry Grose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jan 1995 23:45:43 -0500
Paula,

folks at Fine Arts Express in Fort Worth are certainly experts in both
shipping and crating (they're currently engaged in moving the Getty
collection to new quarters).  They are also mostly former museum staffers and
real human beings besides.  Contact Larry Francell at 817/589-0855 or via the
net at [log in to unmask]  The one person in this state who probably knows
more about the ins and outs of exhibition shipping from ALL angles (including
suppliers, supplies, etc. etc.) is Kim Peel, registrar for the Witte Museum
in San Antonio.  I'd provide the number but don't have it handy right at the
moment -- if you have a problem reaching her feel free to let me know via the
address below and I'll chase her down.   The Collection Managers Committee of
the Texas Association of Museums did a workshop on shipping and packing a few
years back and Kim was instrumental in securing the speakers for it.

Good luck.

Terry Grose
Collections Manager
Strecker Museum Complex