Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Suzanne Mclean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 1995 09:51:30 -0600
On Tue, 29 Aug 1995, Michaele T. Haynes wrote:

> to me that someone else may have already solved this problem, duh!  So,
> anyway, if you know of any published (or better yet, on-line) list of
> standard textile and costume terms (that can be adapted to catalog
> descriptions), I'd be spastic with delight to hear about it.  Our
> collection is primarily western, but we do have a bunch of non-western
> stuff as well.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Michaele,

We know what a daunting task you are looking at. Our Collection consists
of about 15,000 textile items of western and cross cultural origin. We
have created and continue to edit a computer data standards manual which
includes a list of Object Names for the Clothing and Textiles Collection
at the University of Alberta. We are sending you a copy of this
Documentation Standards Manual, and the appendix for the Object Names
field, directly.

If any one else on the list is interested, please contact us directly.

Suzanne E. McLean                       Anne M. Lambert
Curatorial Technician                   Curator
[log in to unmask]             phone (403) 492-1502

Clothing and Textiles Collection
Department of Human Ecology
University of Alberta
FAX (403) 492-4821