From:
Quatre4oil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 1995 18:18:49 -0400
We are currently designing exhibits for the new Visitor's Center in Smith
Island, Maryland, located in the Chesapeake Bay.  The main exhibit is
about the waterman's way of life and their primary occupation - crabbing.
A large portion of the crab harvest is kept in peeling sheds until the
crabs lose their outer shells, then they're sold as soft shells.  A full
scale crab scraping boat, a history of crabbing and hands-on activites are
some of the items being included in the exhibits.  We'll also have an
exhibit on the environment, talking about pollution in the Bay and it's
effect on natural resources.

If you'd like to find out more about Smith Island and the exhibits, please
contact me.

Abbie Chessler
Design Director
Quatrefoil Associates