From:
Mauro Giraldo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Feb 1995 17:14:25 +0100
  Dear Museum-L readers,

  I'm a student of University of Padova (Italy), interested in conservation
  metods and restoration techniques of  some SUBFOSSIL WOODS extracted in 1992-9
   3
  by a paleontologist excavation in Steggio location (Italy).
  These woods were well conserved and integer at the moment of discovery because

  sited in a clayey coat.
  At the moment they are cutted in pieces of 1 meter long and plunged in a tub
  with water and quaternary ammonium salts.

  I would like to know if :
 - is possible to use PEG ?
 - any specific instruments are needed ?
 - how can we conserve leaves ?
 - are there other news about wood conservation of (and where can I find then) ?
 - where can I ask about this metter (possible in Italy or in Europe) ?

   Thanks in advance

   Mauro Giraldo