From:
Jim Czarniecki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 1995 20:22:59 CST
On Fri, 3 Feb 1995 09:16:38 -0500,
Sara P. Kelley  <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Our institution is looking for a new building and we are
>considering the federally-owned post office across the street.
>We would like to know if there are other museums housed in
>post offices or other former federally-owned buildings.

Andree/Sara, OneWest Art Center in Fort Collins CO and Minnesota Museum of
American Art in Saint Paul MN are located in former Post Offices. Pensacola
Museum of Art operates (or used to) in a former jail--but I think that was
City or County owned. And the Institute of Contemporary Art in Boston MA
uses a former fire station--City owned.  Best, Jim