From:
Kerridwen Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 1995 19:26:38 -0500
In regards to Erick's question about the museum Pointe a Calliere,  I just
visited it a few weeks ago for the first time.  I found it was an
excellent museum in many ways.  It's a beautiful, modern building.  The
fact that it is built over archaeological sites, through which the visitor
can walk, is also very interesting.  The multimedia orientation show is
very impressive and the guides and helpful and knowledgeable.  It looks
like a museum with quite a bit of money, I would guess - anyway, I was
very impressed.  There was also a temporary exhibit about archaeology -
what archaeologists do with material culture, how they read the messages
in it, etc.  It was a simple message but very well delivered.  The exhibit
design imitated an lab which was very effective, I thought.

All in all, I'd recommend anyone who gets to Montreal to visit it - and
it's worth a trip from Ottawa just to see it.

--

Kerridwen Harvey
Museum and Heritage Consultant