From:
Barbara Winter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 1994 15:25:48 -0800
Ann:
There is a list specifically on NAGPRA, as well as several on topics related
to anthropology.  The NAGPRA list is NAGPRA-L.  Apply to [log in to unmask]
There has been a lively discussion of repatriation and reburial issues on
that list.  It is not limited to discussions of the US legislation and
cases, but has had input from Australia and Canada as well.

There is also a post INTERNET RESOURCES OF INTERESTS TO ATHNOPOLOGISTS
(maybe it says archaeologists, I forget), which has a rather lengthy list of
lists and other resources (ftp sites, gophers, etc.). I have it archived.
I can send that to you, or post it to the MUSEUM-L list if anyone wants it.

Barbara

>Could anyone tell me if there is a list which focuses more specifically
>on anthropological museums or NAGPRA issues? I'm already on the
>anthropology list, which hasn't been much help. Thanks!
>
>Ann Tweedie

Barbara J. Winter
Curator, Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology
Department of Archaeology
Simon Fraser University
Canada  V5A 1S6
tel: (604) 291-3325