From:
Tom Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 1994 23:36:46 EST
We have been budgeted money to replace our 25-year-old gallery lighting and we
need advice.

The Gmeiner Art & Cultural Center serves rural Wellsboro PA (pop. 3,500) with
the support of an endowment established 25 years ago by Arthur Gmeiner. The
1200 sq. ft. gallery is used for art exhibits, which change monthly, and for co
ncerts and lectures.

Q: One vendor recommended a Halo low-voltage lighting system. The cylinder has
an integral 12-volt transformer and takes a maximum of 50-Watt, MR 16 lamps. We
 are interested in conserving energy: our current system uses 150-Watt, 120
volt bulbs. Will the new ones really substitute 1 for 1? Is this a good brand?

Q: Are there other systems we should consider? What about quartz halogen?

Q: We need to provide for both 2-D and 3-D exhibits. What is a good distance be
tween tracks? Is there a source we can go to for basic principles?

Thanks
Tom Murphy & Madalene Axford Murphy, Co-directors
Gmeiner Art & Cultural Center
134 Main Street
Wellsboro PA 16901
(717) 724-1917