From:
Robert Guralnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 1995 12:33:15 PST
>Often when folks -go- to a museum, it is hard to get feedback from them. Some
>visitors that I have talked to seem uncomfortable pointing out things about the
>facility or exhibit that confused them, others welcomed the chance to express
>themselves.  But many don't want to fill out a visitor's survey. I get excited
>just thinking of the possibilities for web visitors who could take the time to
>express their thoughts and give immediate feedback. It would provide a great
>opportunity for dialogue between visitor and presentor.

        Lots of Web servers had turned this possibility of feedback
into reality!  For example, the web site that the Museum of
Paleontology at Berkeley maintains has a guestbook that
users can sign.  We have built it so that the information given
in the guestbook goes right back into the server so that the
signee can immediately see her or his post!  We also have
a mechanism for people to send private email to the maintainers
of the site for confidential feedback or questions.  This is
bare bones interactivity, but it is already in place.

Cheers,

Robert Guralnick   | Museum of Paleontology   | University of California
Berkeley, CA 94720 | [log in to unmask] | (510) 642-9696