Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Holly Trimper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 1995 22:15:26 -0500
I am quite interested in the subject of position titles, because museums are
changing so much as institutions and the professionalization of museum
careers are both forcing us (and others) to redefine our jobs, job
descriptions, and position titles.

In fact, I'm *so* interested in this trend I'd like to write a paper for a
class on this topic.  At the moment I am considering doing interviews with
professionals and asking questions that (hopefully) address the question of
what their Institutional Position Title is and what they consider themselves,
and why they consider themselves a curator, a registrar, etc.

The paper can only be 5-6 pages long, so I will have to really focus on one
type of position in one type of museum (as we all know, a curator in an art
museum is different than a curator in a historical society).  COuld anyone
out here in museum-L land suggest good articles or books related to this
subject?  Would anyone be willing to be interviewed if I go that route?  I
swear it will be painless and short, although I might call/email back twice
or three times.

Anyway, any help would be most appreciated.  Email me direct with info so we
don't bore everyone else out here.

Thanks,
Holly Trimper
Graduate Student, Museum Studies