Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Nan Lawler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 1994 17:44:09 CST
I do a lot of routine exhibit labels for the University Museum here at
Univ. of Arkansas.  Mostly I use WordPerfect for Windows (and I have
lots and lots of TrueType fonts on Windows) to set things up.
Recently I've also used Corel Draw.  Print on LaserJet IIIP.  An
obvious problem is that the paper size is limited--the exhibits
people at the Museum deal with that with a photocopy machine that can
enlarge & reduce.  (Corel Draw can also deal with larger sizes by
"tiling"--printing parts of the drawing on each piece of paper--
but I've never tried it, so don't know how well it works.)

The museum's exhibits staff has used the LaserJet IIIP printouts for
silk-screening.  (I'm wondering how much resolution you are needing,
especially bearing in mind that silk-screening does not really lend
itself to terribly detailed stuff.)

Recently have we used stuff on disk to have the university's printing
services make a printout (we've done that for color prints--I export
my files into two or three different files, and the folks at printing
services use whichever works best).

Big labels--usually titles--are done by an outside service.

Nan Lawler, Special Collections
University of Arkansas Libraries
Fayetteville, AR  72701-1201