Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Robbin Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 1994 08:53:12 -0500
I thought I'd shift the thread about "Oriental" v. "Asian"
a bit since Political Correctness seems to be such an issue today.

How do museums deal with it? Is it a real problem or just another
campus and/or media trend? Has it changed the way you write grant
applications or developed exhibition material? Seems to me that the
rhetoric can sometimes be obnoxious but the results are often
quite interesting in terms of who has input into exhibitions.

NB: I'm NOT a member of the PC police but I do sometimes find
the rethinking of terminology logical and useful (and my Canadian
friends keep reminding me about the mis-use of "American").

Robbin Murphy (Irish-United Statesperson)
NYU/Museum Studies