Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Billie J. A. Follensbee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Apr 1994 12:38:10 -0400
> Looking for the museums where collections of objects representative of
> America's home (domestic) knitting machine technology exist.   Please Help!

Check out the Shakers.  There is a wonderful Shaker Museum in
Canterbury, New Hampshire, which has knitting machines, examples of
the actual textiles they made, and a library which probably has some
informative materials on the stuff.  Canterbury is a VERY small town,
so just writing to

The Shaker Museum
Canterbury, N.H.

Will definitely get them in contact with you.  You could also find
their number using information 1-603-555-1212.

There is also a Shaker Museum around Etna, N.H., and a revival
community in Portland, M.E. (I believe it's in Portland); the
Canterbury museum will be able to tell you about them.

Billie Follensbee
University of Maryland at College Park