From:
Morgan Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Apr 1994 07:48:47 -0700
Looking for the museums where collections of objects representative of
America's home (domestic) knitting machine technology exist.   Please Help!

Objects in this classificiation include:

Home Knitting machines, circular or flatbed.
Manuals for these machines.
Advertisements for these machines.
Pattern Manuals for constructing fabrics and garments.
Magazines/publications issued for the home knitter.
Samples of fabrics.
Fabric sample books.
Garments.
Any other supporting equipment or materials.

If you are aware of museum, design school, gallery collections in your
area which feature items of this type, please reply with their name,
address, and phone number.  I am preparing an article on the history of
the home knitting machine in America.

If your museum location has acquired textiles, but NOT textiles made by
knitting machine because of policy associated with textiles made in such
a manner (not by hand), please reply with information about your museum's
policy on acquiring textiles.

Thank you very much.  Contributions will be duly noted in this upcoming
article.

Please contact me directly privately if you prefer at 206-763-4427
(studio).

Morgan Hicks