From:
Wendy Botting-Tagg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jul 1994 10:50:13 -0400
Dear Gregory:

As the dayghter of a former Quality Control Manager for Blue Boy Foods in
western New York state, I can tell you with assurance that you have some
very lethal materials in those cans and bottles, so don't go opening them
right away without getting some very good advice from a professional in the
hazardous materials area, or from the local Department of Public Health. I
would try your local university & get a referral from the Director of the
office that handles hazardous materials. The puffiness of the cans indicates
botulism, & I'm not sure, but it would seem to me that even if you inhaled
the stuff, you might get sick. Disposal of the contents of the cans will
also be tricky, since it might be considered hazardous, so again, check with
a real expert. Good Luck!

Wendy Botting
Curator, Visual Resources
College of Architecture, Art & Planning