From:
Curtis Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2022 13:28:27 -0500
Hello Ruth,
We struggled with a convoluted start-up procedure for years.  What we have
now are mainly kiosks and lights that are wired through switched outlets,
the switches are now by the back door.  It's simple to turn things on when
you arrive in the morning and off when you leave.
Other items that cannot be powered by the switched outlets are controlled
with timers--simple devices available anywhere.  Other than Daylight Savings
Time changes, those timers work a treat, turning on and off at prescribed
times.   Finally, we replaced all of our "TV screens" with computer
monitors, which are smart enough to turn on when power is applied, TV's need
to be told to wake up.  Content for the monitors is provided by BrightSign
players, which also go to work when power is applied, no button pushing
necessary.
Wiring gallery electrical outlets to a panel of well-placed switches might
be a big task post-construction, but it would simplify your lives.
Fortunately our exhibit hall was wired that way from the start.
Hope that helps,
Curtis Morris
Shiloh Museum
Springdale, Arkansas