From:
"Glenn A. Walsh" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2012 15:01:27 -0800
At The Buhl Planetarium and Institute of Popular Science, which operated as Pittsburgh's science and technology museum from 1939 to 1991, guest privileges for friends and family of staff members and active volunteers were permitted. These were considered additional benefits for staff members and volunteers.

It was preferred (but not always implemented) that staff members and volunteers use special free-of-charge passes for these complementary visits. By using a pass, which would be collected at the admissions counter, this helped provide an accurate count of the visitors to Buhl Planetarium and Institute of Popular Science that day. Such statistics are important when applying for foundation and government operating grants.

gaw

Glenn A. Walsh, Project Director,
Friends of the Zeiss < http://friendsofthezeiss.org >
Electronic Mail - < [log in to unmask] >
SPACE & SCIENCE NEWS, ASTRONOMICAL CALENDAR:
  < http://buhlplanetarium.tripod.com/#news >
Twitter: < http://twitter.com/spacewatchtower >
Facebook: < http://www.facebook.com/pages/SpaceWatchtower/238017839577841?sk=wall >
Blog: < http://spacewatchtower.blogspot.com/ >
Author of History Web Sites on the Internet --
* Buhl Planetarium, Pittsburgh:
  < http://buhlplanetarium.tripod.com >
* Adler Planetarium, Chicago:
  < http://adlerplanetarium.tripod.com >
* Astronomer, Educator, Optician John A. Brashear:
  < http://johnbrashear.tripod.com >
* Andrew Carnegie & Carnegie Libraries:
  < http://andrewcarnegie.tripod.com >
* Civil War Museum of Andrew Carnegie Free Library:
  < http://garespypost.tripod.com >
* Duquesne Incline cable-car railway, Pittsburgh:
  < http://inclinedplane.tripod.com >
* Public Transit:
  < http://andrewcarnegie2.tripod.com/transit >