From:
Tina Rouse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Apr 1994 12:33:06 PDT
Hi all.  I've just heard that this may be a good means of putting out
a general call for specimens.  I`m looking for modern and fossil
prairie dog skulls and lower jaws.  At this point, I've managed to
track down a fair number of fossil specimens, and a lot of modern
C. ludovicianus, but am anxious to find more C. leucurus, mexicanus,
parvidens, and gunnisoni.  Also, any marmot skulls and teeth, both fossil
and modern.

I am a graduate student at UC Berkeley, and am trying to assign
Pleistocene specimens of these taxa to species, if possible,
using a computer assisted morphometric system.  I would
appreciate hearing from anyone who could help me out.  Please e-mail
me directly at [log in to unmask]  Thanks a lot.

Tina Rouse
Dept. of Integrative Biology
University of California
Berkeley, CA 94720