From:
Prudence Kerr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2007 09:17:04 -0500
I'm so glad to see so many discussions on safety here! What a great forum.

I am a graduate student at the University of Findlay, Ohio. I have a Master's
degree in Fine Arts and am currently working toward a Master's in Health
Environment and Safety Management. For my thesis project I am attempting
to combine the two into a discussion of health and safety practices in the
studio/classroom environment as opposed to the museum environment. I am
more interested in artwork which may pose hazards rather than building or
environmental hazards, although the two may relate to each other. For
example, an artist creating an piece using electronic lighting may take
precautions for himself in the studio, but are the lighting issues (bright flashing
lights, or low lighting affecting walkways, or exposed electrical cords or other
parts) addressed in the gallery as well?

I would readily welcome information anyone who works in such and
environment, and have an informal one-page questionnaire available.
Thank you!