Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2005 18:01:07 +1300
Welcome to this edition of DINOSAURNEWS -  the international Dinosaur
Webzine with bite!

This Week's Headlines: (For the FULL STORY visit the NEWS section of the
webzine at this address: http://www.dinosaurnews.org

**  Dinosaur expo stomps into Tokyo next month
The exposition at the National Science Museum is subtitled ``Evolution of
Dinosaurs From Their Origin to Birds.''

**  Computers Recreate Dinosaur Strides
The museum has turned to two high-tech workshops that use the latest in
computer animation and simulation technology to create realistic - and
moving - versions of the prehistoric creatures

**  Not Dinos But: Scientists Unveil Fossilized Crocodile
A reproduction of the previously unknown creature dubbed Uberabasuchus
Terrificus, or the terrible crocodile of Uberaba was unveiled at the Federal
University of Rio de Janeiro

**  CSU Stanislaus Professor Leads Team to Dinosaur Finds
Dr. Julia Sankey, Assistant Professor of Geology in the Department of
Physics and Geology at California State University, Stanislaus, led a class
of geology students to Big Bend National Park, Texas, this month for a
"hands on" dinosaur research field trip that netted some helpful discoveries
dinomail lists.
Simply send an email to: [log in to unmask]

**  Can feather foot knock oldest bird off its perch?
The fossilised leg bones of Pedopenna daohugouensis reveal it to be as
bird-like as archaeopteryx, till now the oldest known bird

**  Mersin fossil possibly dinosaur
The villager who found the fossilized bone took it to the Tarsus Museum
Directorate to be examined by experts

**  Dinosaur fossils from China come to Hartford
The plates that fan along the back of Tuojiangosaurus are shaped like crude
arrowheads, the ones on Stegosaurus are shaped more like diamonds

**  Other Fossil News: Kansas lends name to extinct sea lizard
Derby palaeontologist Mike Everhart's 10-year quest to name a mosasaur
fossil for Kansas has succeeded

**  Dinosaur footprints found in Kerman, Iran
Archaeologists have discovered the fossils of three dinosaur footprints
related to the second geological period, Jurassic and Cretaceous (195 to 65
million years ago) in Kerman province, southeast Iran

**  Dining with dinosaurs
Melbourne Museum in Carlton is hosting the World's Longest Lunch - an Asian
banquet devised by celebrated restaurateur Gilbert Lau - and guests will
inspect dinosaur skeletons from China before they start eating

**  Feature Site: PaleoFest 2005
Burpee Museum is proudly to hosting its 7th annual PaleoFest in Rockford,
Illinois

**  'Feathered Dinosaur' exhibit heads to Royal Ontario Museum
It showcases recently discovered dinosaur and bird fossils that have
influenced scientific views on the connection between dinosaurs and birds,
says spokeswoman Marilynne Friedman

**  In the footprints of dinosaurs
In a remote north-eastern corner of the Mojave Desert lie slabs of sandstone
embedded with the footprints of dinosaurs that walked there some 200 million
years ago

**  The Great Gobi Expedition
An Expedition to Mongolia organised by The Scientific Exploration Society

DINOSAURNEWS  webzine now read in 80 countries.  Hundreds of Dinosaur Books,
The latest Dinosaur News, Dinosaur Games, Dinolinks and a Dinomall.   Read
something ferocious this week: http://www.dinosaurnews.org

SEND US YOUR NEWS:  Does your Museum have a dinosaur focus?  Put us on your
media database.  We welcome your news of events, discoveries and exhibitions

NEW !  RSS news feed at this address:
http://www4.wave.co.nz/~jollyroger/dino2004/dinosaur.xml

What our readers say:

Thank you for an interesting, useful site. I recommend it to teachers who
continue to contact me after 6 years of retirement. I also volunteer at the
local science museum and recommend your site to the many children who visit
it.
Marvin Selnes, Sioux Falls, SD

Thank You for the excellent coverage you've given my ongoing research.
Best regards,
Marilyn D. Wegweiser, Ph.D.,  Affiliate Faculty,  Idaho Museum of Natural
History

First of all I would like to tell you how much I enjoy reading  Dinosaurnews
each week.. Immensely appreciated....
Phil Rutledge, The Grace Museum