From:
Gary Powers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 21:19:05 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

Our mobile exhibit on the U-2 Incident of May 1, 1960 is available for
display at your facility. Basic costs to be covered by host institution
(i.e. shipping, travel, lodging, insurance, etc). It has just finished an
eight year tour that included the following locations listed below this
email. The exhibit generates substantial press and write ups for host
institution and Cold War Museum. Lecture and book signing can be done for
opening of exhibit.

For more information on our educational programs or to find out more about
our efforts to honor Cold War Veterans and Preserve Cold War history, please
visit us online at www.coldwar.org. If you have any suggestions, ideas, or
resources that you think may be useful to us, any help would be appreciated.
We are close to location at the former Lorton Nike Missile base outside of
Washington, DC.

I look forward to talking with those that are interested in exploring
opportunities to work together. Thank you for your support.

Very truly yours,

Francis Gary Powers, Jr.
Founder
The Cold War Museum
P.O. Box 178
Fairfax, VA 22030
703-273-2381 p
703-273-4903 f
www.coldwar.org

List of venues of U-2 Incident Mobile Exhibit
Bodo Aviation Center, Bodo, Norway
National Reconnaissance Office, Chantilly, VA
Central Intelligence Agency, Langley, VA
Defense intelligence Agency, Bolling AFB, MD
George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
Clinch Valley College (UVA at Wise), Wise, VA
National Security Agency's Cryptologic Museum, Fort Meade, MD
National Atomic Museum, Albuquerque, NM
Pima Air and Space Museum, Tucson, AZ
Texas Air Museum, Lubbock, TX
USAF Museum, Dayton, OH
2000 Space and Missile Conference, Huntsville, AL
SAC Museum, Omaha, NE
Allied Museum, Berlin, Germany
Seattle Museum of Flight, Seattle, WA
Florida International Museum, St. Petersburg, FL
EAA Museum, Oshkosh, WI
Atomic Testing Museum, Las Vegas, NV