From:
Allan Mccollum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 04:56:30 EDT
Hello,

I have some small topological models of the states of Kansas and the state of
Missouri available to give away free of charge, if any regional historical
museum or historical society in those states should have a use for them.

There are pictures of them online, at:

http://home.att.net/~AllanMcNYC/topomodels.html

The models of Kansas measure approximately 4 x 11 x 27 inches and the models
of Missouri measure approximately 3 x 23 x 17 inches. The models are brand
new. They are made from fiber-reinforced cast plaster, and are coated with white
primer, ready to be painted in any number of different ways (exhibit display,
educational aid, signage, or whatever).

The casts were taken from two models of the states created from computerized
Geographical Information Systems data, and are scientifically accurate to a
fair degree. The heights of the geological features have been exaggerated
slightly, to give a better picture of the elevations across the states.

I am an artist from New York, and a number of these models were made in
connection with an exhibition at a Kansas City gallery called Grandarts. I am
hoping a few of them can find a use outside the boundaries of the contemporary art
world.

I am planning to take a road trip through the state of Kansas in August, and
I should be able to deliver the models myself, if those who are interested let
me know right away.

Allan McCollum

PS: If you respond, please help by use the word "topomodels" in the subject
line of your email

Allan McCollum
63 Greene Street, #308
New York, NY 10012
USA
Email:
<A HREF="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]</A>
Website: <A HREF="http://home.att.net/~allanmcnyc">
http://home.att.net/~allanmcnyc</A>