From:
Robin Frisch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 10:37:09 -0500
Dan,
I work at Naper Settlement, a 19th Century Museum Village in Naperville, IL. I recently ran our Civil War Days event and one of our vendors, Dr J's Root Beer, may have the info you need. I have all of the information at work and I am home today but I would be glad to contact you again tomorrow with how to contact him. The full name of his company is Little John Enterprises and I think he is based out of Minnesota. Feel free to write me back at robinf723earthlink.net and I will have more information for you tomorrow. At our event he sold root beer and cream soda in old fashioned glass bottles, he was one of our most popular vendors and seemed quite knowledgeable about 19th century beverages.
Robin Frisch

<<< [log in to unmask]  6/ 4  6:20p >>>
Hello everyone,

I'm researching a program on beverages in the 19th century, and run into a
bit of a road block about soda/seltzer powders. Any direction to a resource
would be very helpful, and I'd love to know if anyone is aware of a company
still producing these items for sale.

Many thanks,

Dan Pipe
Historic Sites Intern