From:
H Baskas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 07:25:47 -0700
I am working on a public radio series titled "The Hidden Treasures Radio
Project." The series will air on NPR's All Things Considered program and on
other nationally distributed public radio shows such as Studio 360.

We're producing a series of features that will profile  museum objects that
are rarely or never displayed and then place those items in context with
stories and interviews that describe the historical, social, cultural,
artistic, or other circumstances that led to those objects being generally
kept from view.

Ideally, photographs of the Hidden Treasures featured, along with additional
information about the objects, will be made available on-line.

I’ve located some objects I hope to feature in the series, including Bing
Crosby’s toupees, a quilt made from Ku Klux Klan robes, and a variety of
objects just too darn dangerous to handle (poison-tipped spears, animals
preserved with arsenic) and I’m looking for more – great objects and great
stories to include in this 26-part series.

So - What's not on display that you wish you could display?

Any ideas, leads, contacts, etc. would be greatly appreciated.  I have a
good team of museum-industry advisors and we’re trying to get the word out.

Thanks so much for your time.

Harriet Baskas
Director, Hidden Treasures Radio Project