From:
Dave Dreyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 10:45:07 -0500
Roger,

I don't have any direct recommendations for you, but you will be able to find
some bullet point profiles on a number of collections/events management
systems if you visit the following site:

http://www.mda.org.uk

This is the home page of the Museum Documentation Association. Click on the
"Resources" heading, then on the "software survey" abstract, and you might at
least get some leads. MDA conducted a pricing/features survey across the
collections management market, and it seems to have gotten a pretty extensive
response.

Dave Dreyer

>===== Original Message From Museum discussion list
>Does anyone have recommendations for database software they are using for
>event management, in medium to large institutions?  I would be interested in
>hearing from you.  Must be capable of web interface integration.  Please
>send you reply to [log in to unmask]  not to this message address
>

>with thanks
>Roger

>Important Subscriber Information:
>
>The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/
. You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a
one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the
message should
>read "help" (without the quotes).

Museum-L" (without the quotes).