From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 10:35:12 -0800
Isabel, I'm glad you posted this morning.  I saw
something on late night TV, and I immediately thought
of you.

There was an attractive young woman on one of the late
night talk shows who said her friends knew she wanted
a pet, so they adopted a chicken for her from a
chicken farm.  Apparently, all she got was a
certificate describing the chicken, what it liked to
eat, what it's personality was like, what it's name
was, and then updates.  About a year later, she was
crushed to get a letter saying her chicken had lived a
good life but had gone to the big henhouse in the sky.
 Of course they offered her the opportunity to adopt
another chicken.

This is sort of like those solicitations for helping
children in third-world nations and adoptions that go
on in zoos.  It's just sponsorship, but it seemed to
be a good way to raise funds.  You could even include
a framed picture of a chicken as an incentive for
levels of giving.  Like adopt this chicken and get a
certificate for $x, adopt this chicken and get a
picture for $x+10, adopt this chicken and get monthly
or quarterly updates on your bird for $x+15, adopt
this chicken and get visitation privileges where you
can hold it for $x+25.  You could be creative.  You
could send an egg (decorated and unfertilized) from
the person's chicken as a memento.

One of the best fund raisers I had included what I
called "An Executive Yard Sale".  Yard sales are big
in the States.  People take their get rid ofs and sell
them from their home.  People are often curious about
what Execs have and how they live.  Albeit, this one
was done for a corporation, but perhaps you could
engage other corporations in your area to have their
execs make donations.

I didn't set any parameters around what the execs
gave, but they got behind it and donated all manner of
thing.  Someone gave up his executive parking space
for a week; another donated white water rafting
tickets; a third gave an autographed picture of
himself and lunch at Bernard's one of the more upscale
restaurants in LA; another invited the winner to his
San Francisco office (we were in the LA area) and
lunch on his yacht; others donated household items.

The only cost for putting on the event was about $20,
and I bore that expense creating decorations to put
around the silent auction tables.  We raised about
$2500 (pure profit), and those funds were donated to
five local charities.  It really was a very easy fund
raiser to effectuate.

I hope these ideas are of benefit.

--- Isabel <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I need a lot of imput from you all if you can help
> me.  After the last few
> weeks when I had a few queries I was amazed about
> the fantastic response
> and help I got.  Thanks to you all.
>
> I need to start organising fund raising events. Can
> you please what you
> think works best, or even just suggestions.  All
> help is welcome.

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a job?  Try:
Check out the REVISED Got Links, your one-stop portal
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414  Updated 02/14/02