From:
Boylan P <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 22:30:12 +0100
On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Harry Needham wrote:

+++++ [CLIP] +++++

> every day, I get that damned SNOWHITE.

===========================

I'm also getting this worm (W95.Hybris.gen - resident in the W32 Winsoc)
several times a week, supplemented by French versions about twice a week,
and now a Spanish every week or so as well.

So far we have failed completely to trace the origin of this, but if Harry
is also getting it perhaps it is coming from someone on the MUSEUM-L list?

I understand that it's likely to be resident in a Windows system (so
Mac and Unix users are probably in the clear) from where it is sent out
regularly without the "owner" having any idea what is happening. As Harry
says it can only infect you if you open the Attachment.  However, after it
gets in it may not be detected by the user until they do a virus scan.

Could everyone using Outlook Express or anything similar PLEASE do a virus
check of their own PC and delete this if they find it??

Patrick Boylan

P.S. Damn! While writing this the French version - Les 7 coquir nains -
allegedly from the originator address of [log in to unmask] - which is
fake - has arrived again...