From:
Adrienne Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 10:17:55 -0230
hi everyone

some of you might remember me last year emailing on this list about jub
hunting and what more can i do and on some days, sounding quite desperate.
i admit, after a few months of searching all over canada and the USA, i
was starting to think i used dind't have enough to comopete.

But that all changed last April.  Not only did I get a decent entry level
job, I was offered another one two days later and am now a lot more
confident about applying for jobs and love my field.

I guess what I'm saying is hang in there, and yes, I agree witht he
previous responses, it is like a dating game, and the worst thing from
both ends is to be matched up witht he wrong place. And yes, the resume
ges you in, but it is up to the individual to sell themself once they're
there.

I am sorry to say that one of the big problems is that often, the
potential emmployee doesn't listen to what the interviewer advises
beforehand.  I found in the past that, usually, the interviewer will often
let you know why kind of interview it is (behavourial, etc), what won't be
on (i.e. personal questions), what to know, etc.  The museum/organisation
is not out to see you fail...they want you to succeed obviously.
sometimes i've met people who see this as a battle!  try and enjoy it,
relax and most importantly, as already stated, listen.  if you get
nervous, just remeber that you obviously had something that got their eye
from your resume

anyway, i'm long-winded as usual!@
and of course, this list is great, i found monitoring this and chatting
with everyone really helped
good luck
adrienne roberts

     "I can believe that," said Bigwig.  "Efrafa! Ants led by a dog! But
we're not in Efrafa now.  Has he really forgotten that he warned us?"
     "Probably he really has.  But whether or not, you'd never get him to
admit that he warned you or to listen while you told him he'd been right.
He could no more do that than pass hraka underground."
        "But you're an Efrafan.  Do you think like that too?"
        "I'm a doe," said Hyzenthlay.
                                   Watership Down by Richard Adams, p. 390