Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
joanne kluessendorf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 16:26:34 -0600
I am involved in the design of a new museum building, and could use some
advice on a few topics:

1. Does anyone have experience with a lighting grid in the ceiling and
embedded in a concrete floor?  What is the best spacing for the grid
pattern to obtain flexibility for exhibit lighting but remaining
cost-conscious?  Are there any special considerations that we should
consider?

2. What are the pros and cons of using carpet tiles over wall to wall
broadloom carpeting? Has anyone had a bad experience with carpet tiles
pulling up around the edges?  What about traffic wear on broadloom?  Any
thoughts about the best color to use in general?

3. To maintain lighting flexibility, the architects suggested that we leave
an open roof deck without acoustical tiles or use a "floating" tile system
with islands of tiles surrounded by open roof deck.  Does anyone have
experience with either of these methods?  What about "acoustic spray" that
can be sprayed unto the roof deck instead of using tiles?

Thanks for your help.

-Dr. Joanne Kluessendorf
Dept. of Geology, University of Illinois
1301 W. Green St., Urbana, IL 61801  USA
phone: (217) 367-5916
fax: (217) 244-4996; e-mail: [log in to unmask]