From:
"(Frank Gregory)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 18:26:32 -0500
Michael and Oprah are part of a marketing machine that has nearly taken over
every aspect of our lives. If "market dynamics" are now the same thing as
"societal dynamics", then we have truly surrendered our humanity and become
"consumers" first and people second. What was it called that we all studied
in college?.....Human..ities?  Maybe I am naive...or maybe it is just more
convenient and less painful to rationalize the status quo.  It is heroic to
exert where and when you can...that's about all anyone can do.  Thanks for
listening.
Frank
www.frankgregory.com

(without the quotes).