From:
Kathy Mancuso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 15:20:11 -0500
I only got involved near the end with one of the smaller venues, but
museums and galleries in SC did a 2 year series of exhibits that were
promoted together as Views from the Edge of the Century, including things
like SC Clay, 100 Years/100 Artists: Views of the 20th Century in SC
Art . . . I can't remember everything that was involved . . . maybe there
is someone on this list who knows more.  I know there was major funding
from the SC Humanities Council and various other sources.  There was also
some curatorial collaboration on certain exhibits, although I don't think
there was much of an effort to have some kind of huge guiding mission.

Question: In Susan M. Pearce's book Museums, Objects, Collections, she
repeatedly mentions the Cambridge material culture theorists as important.
Does anyone know the names of the people she is referring to?

Kathy Mancuso
University of South Carolina
Columbia Museum of Art