From:
Lisa Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 14:55:17 +1000
Dear subscribers,

I would like to take a moment of your time to introduce myself and the
company I work for, in the hope that you will find our services of benefit
to yourself or your institution.

I have 12 years experience in the arts field, initially studying fine art
with a degree in Textile Design and Art History. I have a Postgraduate
Diploma and Master of Applied Science in Museum and Art Gallery Studies. The
last 5 years were spent at Museum Victoria in Melbourne, where I was
employed as the Manager of Collection Relocation; organising the movement of
16 million artefacts as part of their AU$ 2.5 million re-development
project. I recently took up the position of Manager of International art
Services at OBM.

OBM Pty. Ltd. was originally established in Brisbane, Australia in 1987 as a
Customs and International Freight Brokers; but over the past few years has
expanded to include a comprehensive relocation service for artworks and
cultural heritage, both in Australia and overseas. We can provide total
project management encompassing all aspects of import and export
requirements by air or sea, customs and quarantine clearance, security
personnel, transit insurance as well as a comprehensive door to door land
transport service. In addition we can assist couriers and travelling artists
by organising travel arrangements, visas, accommodation and personal
insurance cover.

OBM are experienced in handling both contemporary and historical artefacts
and cultural heritage - from Egyptian antiquities and 19th century European
artworks to contemporary Aboriginal paintings and multimedia installation
works. We have a strategic presence in all major Australian  ports and a
worldwide network of affiliated offices which allows us to import / export
all over the world including the Pacific, Asia, North America and Europe.

Through combining the skills and experience of a commercial company with
those of the art world, OBM reflects a very unique partnership and range of
services. We have a demonstrated commitment to achieving the highest
possible professional standards, and to establishing ourselves as a reliable
and efficient service to the arts and cultural heritage community.

If you require any additional information or if I can be of assistance in
any way, please don't hesitate to contact me either by telephone on +61 7
3854 1227 or by email: [log in to unmask]
Kind regards
Lisa Harvey

Lisa Harvey
Manager, International Art Services