Those who manage and work in university collections are often presented with unique challenges and circumstances that can only be found at institutions of higher learning. During this webinar, the speakers will present tips and tricks related to things like governance and use of collections, including handling and object-based research. At the conclusion of the webinar, we will provide attendees with a resource list including a bibliography and other useful places to get good information.

Date: April 3, 2024
Time: 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. ET

Agenda
Part 1: Guided Discussion
Part 2: Q&A session

Speakers
Joe Leduc, Head Registrar at the RISD Museum
Rachel Zilinksi, Registrar and Assistant Curator at the William Benton Museum of Art, UCONN
Adam Hutler, Associate Registrar at the Penn Museum
Moderated by: Carla Galfano, Manager-House Collections, Dumbarton Oaks & ARCS Committee Member

Price
$25 for members
$50 for nonmembers
Register Here: https://www.arcsinfo.org/news-events/event/2411/1/arcs-webinar-university-collections

***Textile Workshop April 25 & 26, 2024***
Join us for a two-day, hands-on workshop about the handling, storage, and display of textiles. This workshop is geared toward professionals working in small to mid-sized museums who have little to no textile experience.

Location
Senator John Heinz History Center
1212 Smallman Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222

Presenters
Heather Hansen (she/her/hers) is a textile conservation assistant at Winterthur Museum, Library, & Garden.
Heather Hodge (she/her/hers) is the textile conservator at The Preservation Society of Newport County in Rhode Island

Price
$175/day for members
$250/day for nonmembers
*Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Capacity: Maximum of 35 attendees per day.

Sponsored by:
Atelier: https://www.atelierstorage.com/
Ely: https://elyinc.com/

Textile Workshop Registration: https://www.arcsinfo.org/news-events/event/2410/0/arcs-textile-workshop

***Apply for a Textile Workshop Stipend!***
ARCS is pleased to announce the availability of funds to provide a stipend of $350.00 USD for five members to attend the 2024 Textile Workshop in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Applicants should submit the application form linked below and their resume in PDF format. Preference will be given to applicants currently enrolled in museum studies programs and/or with less than five years work experience in the field. Applicants must be current members of ARCS in good standing.

Please submit by March 18, 2024.

Workshop Stipend: https://www.arcsinfo.org/news-events/event/2410/1/arcs-textile-workshop#stipend

***Apply for the Summer 2024 Internship Stipend***
ARCS is committed to advocating for paid internships in an industry that remains inaccessible to many, and we are proud to announce that we will be offering internship stipends to qualified applicants for summer 2024. Three awardees pursuing internships in registration or collections management will receive a $1,000 stipend and an annual membership to ARCS.

Applicants are requested to submit the application form along with a cover letter and resume. The Internship must be primarily focused on registration/collections management and must be a minimum of 60 hours and take place over the course of no more than six months. Recipients agree to write a short summary of their internship experience. The report will be due to ARCS by September 10, 2024.

Applicants should submit their application materials by April 14, 2024, and awardees will be notified by the end of April. Applicants should already be accepted into an unpaid or low-paid internship program.

Stipend Application: https://www.arcsinfo.org/opportunities/internship-stipends