Greetings from Rare Book School!

Expand your understanding of book history during a Rare Book School course this summer! Our five-day intensive courses on the history of manuscript, print, and digital materials will be offered online and in person at the University of Virginia and other partner institutions.

Among our forty-two courses, we are pleased to offer several pertinent to those involved in work with museums. The following is a sample of the breadth of the RBS offerings:

 C-85: Law Books: History & Connoisseurship taught by Mike Widener (US Advisor for Bibliopathos) and Kathryn James (of the Yale Law Library)

 B-65: English Bookbindings, 1450–1850: Identification & Interpretation, taught by David Pearson (retired Director of Culture, Heritage and Libraries for the City of London Corporation)

L-25v: Reference Sources for Researching Rare Books, taught by Joel Silver (of Indiana University, Bloomington)

 L-50: Special Collections Leadership Seminar, taught by Naomi Nelson (of Duke University)

To be considered in the first round of admissions decisions, course applications should be submitted no later than February 19. Applications received after that date will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Visit our website at www.rarebookschool.org for course details, instructions for applying, and evaluations by past students. Contact us at [log in to unmask] with questions.

Please share this information with colleagues, students, and friends.

We hope to see you at Rare Book School soon!

With kindest regards,

The RBS Programs Team