From:
Ruth Lang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Apr 2022 14:23:25 -0400
Fellow listers,

Last fall, our Community Heritage Center opened. The museum has several projections, a "hologram", TVs showing looped videos, 3 kiosks (Displays to Go), and a realistic WWI trench with a command center room lighted by a replica electric lantern. The gallery lighting and video routing are controlled by a Crestron unit. When opening the museum in the morning, staff turns on the lighting & video routing on the Crestron and all projectors by remote control (4 projectors - 3 Epson, 1 Optima) and two TVs with a remote control and pushing a button to turn on. We plug in the cord to the background lighting of the hologram and the lantern in the trench. All kiosks are turned on with a switch at the base. Although this process takes about 10 minutes, our CEO desires something more streamlined so volunteers and staff can press only a few buttons to turn on the exhibits, and not have to bend to turn on the kiosks or plug in cords.

Any suggestions on how we can solve this problem would be much appreciated!

Ruth Lang
Community Heritage Center Coordinator
Clovis Veterans Memorial District

808 4th St.