A week or so ago, I posted a request for bibliographic references for studies that document the social and cultural value (versus economic value) of heritage programs.

So far, I have received two replies suggesting a total of three references.  This leads to the following questions on which I solicit comments:  Is documenting the non-economic value of heritage programs impossible?  If documenting the non-economic value of heritage programs is not impossible, what criteria could be used to establish such documentation?

Thanks for the help.