From Melbourne, Australia;  Dear all,
I read every message on Museum-L as the start to my working day and although
I am geographically remote from my European and American colleagues, it
certainly doesn't feel like it.... my contact through the list serves to
reinforce the commonality of our goals, problems and experiences as museum
workers.  The parochialism of my US colleagues makes me smile and think
'here they go again!' - I rather enjoy the banter.  It's up to us around the
world to kick in if we want presence on the list, but I think most people
are like me - I read everything but only send messages when I really need
to....
Adrienne Leith
Curator, Mapping the Mind and Body
Human Mind and Body Program