This was the Children's Museum in Museum Victoria, Melbourne.  We have since
closed this in preparation for the new museum to open in 2000.  The new
Children's Museum on site of Melbourne Museum is now taking shape rapidly.
The sculptures you refer to were by Peter Corlett and consisted of a family
group including a pregnant woman, man with baby son, young boy, pubertal
girl and two grandparents.  Added later was a young woman who suffered from
spina bifida, in her wheel chair.  It was a delight to sit and watch people
who were confronted by this group.  There were few, if any complaints and we
hope to have these out on display again in the new facility.

If there are specific questions, contact Ingrid Tadich, Manager at

Cheers!