Granted, there will always be Boards and prospective employers who base
decisions on where and how you someone was educated.  People base decisions on
skin color, sexual/affectional orientation, gender, etc., etc.  They
shouldn't, but they do.  However, my being in a doctoral program at The Union
Institute, a nontraditional accredited institution, has not resulted in much
resistance from my professional community.  I am well educated.  I know my
field.  I now have two publications.  I've presented conference papers.  I'm
working as a part-time museum administrator currently (I got my job out of my
Union internship).  If a person is capable, motivated, cares about museums,
and can communicate all of that, she or he will be hired.
        Mike Radice
        The Union Institute