Someone give Harry a cigar (or a discount on tuition to the School for
Scanning). Yes, Richard Sheridan wrote "The School for Scandal" (18th
century). And I really do think they should offer a discount or rebate
to any student who gets the pun. In this non-literary world, I'll bet
it's a minority of the archivists, curators, etc. who attend (well,
maybe the librarians get it). Sheridan, incidentally, includes
characters named Backbite and Sneerwell: weren't they once on Museum-L
also? Oops, almost forgot the smiley! :-)

 --David Haberstich