Reading Mariah Sacoman's comments brought back certain memories of Monet in Chicago in 1995.

Visitors were lined up for over three hours before they even SAW anything with the name Monet on it.  The wait did expose them to the rest of the museum, however.

One of the few things that made the experience enjoyable was, while walking through the museum and checking the lines and mood of the public, I found myself in the American Art galleries of the Art Institute.  Visitors were winding their way through the galleries slowly moving towards the special exhibition galleries.  My day brightened when I overheard someone say..."Hey!  I didn't know Monet made furniture!?"
D. Neil Bremer
Bremer Communications
Image and Communication Skills for Business
Office: (708) 848-5945
Fax: (708) 848-6011
Email: [log in to unmask]