I have two questions for the list:

1.  How important is it to have local references when searching for a
job?  I have recently moved and can list only one local reference on my
resume, but I have been doing temp work for three months with an
organization that might be beneficial to mention.  Do you think I should
list my supervisor as a reference for professional character if nothing
else?

2.  How common is it for interviewees to ask for feedback from
interviewers when a job offer is not made, and do you recommend this
practice?

Looks like I slipped a few extra questions in there.  Thanks for your
thoughts.

Deborah