John,

I have tried sending the message that you said to use to get on the natural history discussion list twice.  I get this message back:

SUBSCRIBE: Unknown list name NHCOLL-L^POLLY^CEGIELSKI

Report any problems to 'server'.
For a list of the available requests send a message to
with a body consisting of nothing but the word HELP

PS: Any subsequent requests that you might have submitted have been ignored.

I won't assume that I didn't make a mistake, was the 'subscribe' command suppose to be in the subject line or in the body of the text? I did try it both ways and am now looking for suggestions.

thanks

Polly Cegielski

John E. Simmons wrote:

Several people have asked me for the address for the natural history
discussion list, NHCOLL-L.  The list has not been very active lately,
so I invite all interested parties to chime in and change this
situation.

Send the message:  Subscribe NHCOLL-L^Your^Full^Name

to:  [log in to unmask]

Those of us currently on NHCOLL-L welcome all new subscribers
and would love to see more discussions on the list.

John Simmons
Natural History Museun
University of Kansas